Sunday, April 19, 2009

More weekend sewing

By the way I am not MIA. I have been just really really busy creating and completely forgot to blog about my new creations. But here is goes...
This Kimono is not really from the book "Weekend sewing". Although there is a Kimono pattern in the book. It just wasn't the right size for Zoe. So in the back of my mind I knew I had downloaded a pattern from somewhere weeks back. It is the "simple Kimono Wrap". I really like it. It came together in a breeze. Oh and I got to use my new toy. A bias tape maker. No more buying that boring packaged bias tape. It is really easy to make your own.
Well here is the result:


Well of course Zoe needed something to wear her new Kimono with. So here comes Weekend sewing into play. These pants are "Huck Finn Pants". The sewing instructions call for button and button holes in the elastic so the pants can grow with the child. To be honest I didn't bother with that. I just sewed in a half inch elastic all around the waist and called it done. I made a size 24 months. Zoe has ample room to grow in those pants and the elastic stretches wide enough.

Oh and of course some action shots....


Hmm those fingers must taste really good....


... and another action shot...



And of course after Maya saw the Kimono she just had to have one as well.
I'll post about her new Kimono tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment