Saturday, June 13, 2009

Linen...


So a while ago I stocked up on all kinds of red fabric because I bought red Salt Water Sandals for Zoe. There is something about red shoes. I guess it reminded me of my own childhood.
The fabric is a Linen/ Cotton Blend. I have to say I really like the look of Linen. It is so breezy and airy. Perfect for hot humid summer days. It was a little more difficult to sew then the regular quilting cottons I usually opt for. The Blend was softer and smoother and I had to rip out a few seams because it kept sliding off of my machine and I ended up with a few crooked seams.
The pants are basic elastic waist pants. And the top is just a smocked top I made for her in the past. The whole outfit is a follow up on this.

Unlike the muslin/ PJ's version I made the top on this one a little longer and took the sides in a bit to give it a more form fitting look. Overall I like it.

I think Zoe likes it, too. What do you think??

1 comment:

  1. Meine Tochter, das hast du wieder super gemacht......love you mam from Germany

    ReplyDelete