Friday, June 5, 2009

Vintage sheets..


So a few weeks ago I went by one of our Goodwill stores and picked up 2 vintage bed sheets. After looking and contemplating what to do with them for several weeks I finally used them for pj's for Zoe. After my last project was finished, I was a little hooked on sewing more from my Ottobre magazine. I really wanted to sew some shorts for Zoe. So before cutting into the nice red linen I had bought for this project I wanted to make a "muslin" version from the traced pattern. So my vintage sheets came in handy for that. The pattern for the shorts is called "Hennina" in the latest Ottobre magazine. And I only tweaked the pattern a little bit by making the pants a little shorter and I didn't add the embellishment. So basically plain old shorts with an elastic waist.

I think the top and pants together make pretty comfy pj's for her. Pretty light. It seems to be the perfect combo for the hot and humid South Florida summer nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment