Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wow it has been a while...

... since I last posted. We have been extremely busy around here. Summer is in its full swing. We had my mom and brother from Germany hence the lack of posting and sewing.

They left last week so of course after that I had to get back on my sewing machine.

My first project I wanted to make was a little (or big) blanket/ bed for our dog Max who turns one on Saturday.
So I just started piecing random strips together. I wanted to use some fabric from this big scrap box that was filling up my sewing room. I really liked the outcome and so did Maya.
And of course she wanted to have whatever I was making. I guess she wanted to have the first project dedicated to her after this rather long and not so typical break of sewing.

So we decided (or I guess more she decided) to finish her quilt that was hibernating on my shelf since hmm I don't even know when. All it was waiting for was to be quilted. I just couldn't decide on how to quilt it. I really wanted to try stippling so that was actually a learning curve. But I have to say I really enjoyed it. And I definitely have to make more quilts.


A little detail I added to the top part. Maya was jumping up and down after seeing this.


So I guess I only have a few days left till the big party. Hopefully I can finish Max's blanket/ bed on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment