Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Max...



.. so today our Golden Retriever Max is one year old. We got him Last November, almost 9 months ago. At first I was a little sceptical having "two" babies in the house. At the time Zoe wasn't even one yet and still on all fours. Max sheds and shed and sheds. So needless to say I was constantly cleaning and making sure the floor was clean and no doogie hair was in Zoe's eye sight. Well it has been a battle and I kinda gave it up. You can never clean enough with Max in the house. And one point I decided to get a little more relaxed. I simple had no choice. Otherwise I would probably be insane at this point. But besides the hair Max is really a great dog. He loves Maya and Zoe. Max is a wonderful family dog.

So this morning I finished his doggie bed/blanket. I think he likes it although he still prefers sleeping on the floor. So time will tell. After I finished his bed I baked him some peanut butter cupcakes and some blueberry ones for us. Hhhhmmmm. I think we all loved our cupcakes.



For Max's doggie bed I pretty much used all fabric from my scrap box and randomly sewed them together and then quilted. The backing is made from a brown sheet I found last night at Wal- Mart after I realized I didn't have enough fabric for the back.
So his bed is basically a big pillow cover. I attached snaps (with my snap press from my diaper making days) on the side so I can take of the cover and wash it when necessary. The inner is made out of two shower curtains sewn together so I can wipe it off if needed. We all really like it.
I hope Max gets acquainted with his new bed soon. If not I am pretty sure the girls would love it in their play room.

No comments:

Post a Comment