Saturday, August 29, 2009

A little something for my mom.....


... so last week I send of these pillowcases to my mom in Germany. And of course I had to wait until she received the little package in the mail to showcase them in my blog (she is probably the first one I showed my blog to and of course and avid reader). Well yesterday was the day she received the package. She really loved them.


The idea for the pillowcases came from "Last minute Patchwork and Quilted gifts" by Joelle Hoverson. I got this book from my mom for my birthday in April. So obviously the first project from the book had to be for my mom.
Ohh boy do I adore this book. It is absolutely great. The ideas are very inspiring. She even gives time frames in which you can sew the projects.
I think these pillows were in the four to 6 hour gift range. That was very true time wise and they came together really easily. I had to sew a zipper in the back since I couldn't send them with inserts. So obviously that added to the sewing time. But definitely a project that can be done in half a day.
The pillowcases look so funky and modern. Completely different from the usual stuff I sew. Definitely a step out of my comfort zone.

But I like them a lot. And so does my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment