Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A new rocker for Maya




So Maya had this little baby rocker in her room for pretty much the last 3 years. A few weeks ago we decided it had to retire into Zoe's room. Hmmm "but Mami where do I sit to read books?". Well off we went to a local consignment store. We found this old rocker that wasn't quite as big as the real adult rocker but still much bigger then her little retired one. At home we decided to spray paint it a plain white semi-gloss. Of course I had to add a little (or actually quite big) pillow. I wanted to try stenciling her name on it to personalize it and to make it her own reading chair. So I got this fabric paint and printed out a font I liked using word and just stenciled it onto a piece of bleached muslin. I added a few straps of 1930's fabric Maya had picked out from my stash. And then of course ruffles... Oh we love ruffles in this house.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow, your pillows are great! I bought one of these ruffle feets for my sewing machine and had the idea of making pillows...now I have some nice inspiration ;) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete